The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are open with X-23!

Categories

Nightcrawler DPS Calculator 2.42

CovertLocation Earth-616Posts: 1,812 Fantastic
edited April 30

I'm still putting this together, but feel free to road test it with your level 60 Nighcrawler:

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoY-vFo2537OdEdxMm9HRVZUc0tsVm1BdVJIQk9FZEE&usp=sharing
(You'll need to download it or make a copy on your own Google Drive)

• Notes should provide some guidance.
  • Most of the fun stuff is on the compare sheet.
MutatedPosts: 742 Amazing

I was hoping you would put up something similar when I saw your daredevil one. Thanks

edited February 28

@yklrac said:
I was hoping you would put up something similar when I saw your daredevil one. Thanks

:-bd

Edit, just hit 60 and testing out the following:

20pts - Flash and Grab, One Step Ahead, X-Slash, Master Swordsman, Infernal Brimstone, Sword Basic
1pt - Teleport, Acrobatic Escape, Incredible Acrobatics, Heartseeker Guard, Righteous Frenzy

Excalibur, Lunar Eclipse on a +800def uru, Pyms, Adv Kung Fu, ACCoC, SH Yukio's Charm...

Long ways to go before he's setup right, only have two of his uniques(boots & shark).

edited February 27

Very well organized. Some tidbits that you may or may not find useful:

• X-slash is bugged (either in tooltip or mechanics, we're still not sure and can't get confirmation) and currently has a base attack speed of 1.66 despite the tooltip.
  • Brimstone beatdown is also bugged in the same manner and has a static attack speed of 2.8. This one also ignores bonus attack speed from gear as well.
  • Righteous Frenzy can indeed be spammed for all 5 attacks in 1 second, but in most cases you don't want to. See here for RF breakdown: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/65085/nightcrawler-numbers-at-60-dps-and-dpss#latest

• Flash and Grab can reach 3 AS.

• DiveBomb has a 1.25 second animation time. The CD starts right as the animation does, but it's useful when trying to determine if it's worth casting DiveBomb in the place of something else instead of total DPS over time.
  • Blink Strike has a variable animation time. So it's AS can be anywhere inbetween 1 and 2. With it's bounce mechanics it can also do siginificantly more DPS versus 2 targets close together where you will hit the same target 5-6 times with 2 AS, but in those scenarios the animation will finish faster than the CD forcing you to rotate in something else or wait for the CD.
  • Unless I'm missing it, I'm not seeing the 40% extra base damage vs elites & bosses on Brimstone beatdown, or the 50% on Sneak Attack.
  • Blink strike currently allows you to weave it in with other attacks against a single target without breaking the animation. IE -While channeling BB you can cast BS and keep channeling BB and still get a small spike in damage from the single BS hit.

@Heroxine said:
- X-slash is bugged (either in tooltip or mechanics, we're still not sure and can't get confirmation) and currently has a base attack speed of 1.66 despite the tooltip.

Cool, changed :)

• Brimstone beatdown is also bugged in the same manner and has a static attack speed of 2.8. This one also ignores bonus attack speed from gear as well.

Cool, changed attack speed, not affected by attack speed stat.

Yup, gotta have those attack bonuses in between.

• Flash and Grab can reach 3 AS.

I started it out at 2.0 base, with 26% attack speed(21% actual) it puts FnG at 2.7 according to my sheet.

• DiveBomb has a 1.25 second animation time. The CD starts right as the animation does, but it's useful when trying to determine if it's worth casting DiveBomb in the place of something else instead of total DPS over time.

That's a long animation time. Sometimes I'll put 1sec at the attack speed for powers with a CD, other times I'll change it to .25 if it has a 4 second cooldown to get a "damage over time" kinda number.

• Blink Strike has a variable animation time. So it's AS can be anywhere inbetween 1 and 2. With it's bounce mechanics it can also do siginificantly more DPS versus 2 targets close together where you will hit the same target 5-6 times with 2 AS, but in those scenarios the animation will finish faster than the CD forcing you to rotate in something else or wait for the CD.

Cool.

• Unless I'm missing it, I'm not seeing the 40% extra base damage vs elites & bosses on Brimstone beatdown, or the 50% on Sneak Attack.

I put an blue extra cel with a note under the "Total DPS" row that includes those for the powers you listed.

• Blink strike currently allows you to weave it in with other attacks against a single target without breaking the animation. IE -While channeling BB you can cast BS and keep channeling BB and still get a small spike in damage from the single BS hit.

Good to know and thanks for all the input :-bd

Got NC to 60 and still need to find all his unique items before I do some more theory crafting. X-Slash is pretty awesome. Early on I was trying out some area damage stuff(power prism, pluvian, doc ock medallion), but I may focus on melee items for boss killing from now on. Bonuses to area may be good for x-def, but aren't necessary for killing trash in terminals with FnG.