The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are open and Venom is live in addition to the March to Axis One-Shot, the Winter Festivities event, and more!

Categories

Maintaining X-Def Rates

Honestly after been playing for awhile, this was the first time during the bonus weekend that I have given X-Def a shot, given the many raving reviews about it after the bonus rates were added.

I personally feel that the rates should be kept at this level because as of now, it is not spoiling the game in any sort of way, but also provide an alternative option then regular shard runs or leveling to 60. It actually becomes a viable option when I get tired from doing legendaries (which repeats quite a number of times as in go to crab trap restaurant-> Cleared -> go to crab trap restaurant again) to go play X-Def to try and get better equipments and a different style of leveling albeit not as good as doing LQs

Apologize for the very broken English but you get the point, it's late over here :P

True BelieverLocation NederlandPosts: 583 Amazing

Yeah will be nice to keep the rates, i dont see any big chances since before, and had like 10 doombot runes no single hand of doom.

WakandanPosts: 250 Amazing
edited January 23

It's kinda fun to have some alternative like xdef without the problem of the loot! I'm kinda happy with what xdef is now! (with the buff i mean!)

WebheadPosts: 44 Mighty

To be honest, I find X defence to be a bit of a waste of time unless its done super hard core. I think the increased rates, at the very least increased experience rates (to match those of Midtown) would be a great boost for X-Defence.

As it stands I dont find it very viable; you dont complete legendary quests at any reliable rate like you can in MM, the exp is much lower (harder enemies take longer to kill, count down time between mobs, some spawns have much much less XP than other spawns etc.) and much less reliable.

I think this would make X-defence a little more attractive to the average player, and a little more exciting for everyone.

WakandanPosts: 11 Mighty

i gotta agree with this. i wont do much x-defense when this bonus is over. then it will be useless again

Location New YorkPosts: 446 Amazing

I agree with you all, both my Wife and I been doing X-Defense every night since the "boost", she's gotten 1 Cosmic, i've gotten 2 Unique's (one was a duplicate) and 2 cosmics...

Mind you, if I do a Red Terminal, I pretty much get almost one Cosmic every few runs..

Location KnowherePosts: 3,964 Cosmic

@Heretic said:

White and Green items are being largely removed from the drop tables for X-Defense, and in compensation Blue or better items will have a better than normal chance to drop.

Doesn't this effect the your chance at loot based on how loot drops work(Everything starting as a white item and rolling its way up) ARPG's? It seems having more total drops is typically the way to help out with better loot drops. (Ex. Most people think Midtown is the best place to farm even though drop rarity is lower there, more total items drop leading to more uniques, cosmics, ect.)

@Heretic said: Since not everyone may have noticed/be aware of this, compared to Live, the version of X-Defense that is working through the pipeline will include.

>
  • Partially boosted reward rates - basically, a portion of the X-Defense Boost Week.
  • >
  • An additional chance of Doop wave every wave after Wave 10. This is in addition to the scheduled Doop waves.
  • >
  • Doop waves will appear on Waves 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, etc., rather than the old Waves 10, 20, 30, etc.
  • >
  • Non-boss ambush waves will reward an additional chunk of orb xp at the end, including a random boost.
  • >
  • White and Green items are being largely removed from the drop tables for X-Defense, and in compensation Blue or better items will have a better than normal chance to drop.
  • >

Sounds like good steps other than the partially boosted reward rates part, it should probably be at least double or triple what the bonus week granted. The drop rates during the bonus week were very lackluster at best. I leveled 12 heroes 1-30 and spent about 100 more hours across other heroes lvl 30-60 in xdef and got 2 uniques.

I'm in the camp of 'more uniques should drop, period', though, where simply getting the uniques you want isn't the largest hurdle, but getting the top end rolls is.

CovertLocation MadridpoorPosts: 1,839 Fantastic

@Heretic said:

White and Green items are being largely removed from the drop tables for X-Defense, and in compensation Blue or better items will have a better than normal chance to drop.

This includes rings and insignias? I mean no more green rings/insignias on XDef?

edited January 23

@Heretic said: Since not everyone may have noticed/be aware of this, compared to Live, the version of X-Defense that is working through the pipeline will include.

>
  • Partially boosted reward rates - basically, a portion of the X-Defense Boost Week.
  • >
  • An additional chance of Doop wave every wave after Wave 10. This is in addition to the scheduled Doop waves.
  • >
  • Doop waves will appear on Waves 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, etc., rather than the old Waves 10, 20, 30, etc.
  • >
  • Non-boss ambush waves will reward an additional chunk of orb xp at the end, including a random boost.
  • >
  • White and Green items are being largely removed from the drop tables for X-Defense, and in compensation Blue or better items will have a better than normal chance to drop.
  • >

Can the last point White and Green items are being largely removed from the drop tables for X-Defense, and in compensation Blue or better items will have a better than normal chance to drop also take effect in Midtown too?

Anti-HeroPosts: 99 Mighty

@Heretic said:

Thank you for this. Personally, I think there should be an option to turn off white and green items from showing up on the screen while playing other parts of the game. After a certain level range greens are useless, and whites are always useless. I guess some players could potentially pick them up for selling/donating; which is why I think it'd be a nice option you could turn off/on in the menus.

@Heretic said:

Non-boss ambush waves will reward an additional chunk of orb xp at the end, including a random boost.

So should this mean more overall XP from X-Defense compared to Bonus Week X-Defense, or should this mean about the same/a lesser amount of XP? I wish I could test this for myself but I'm unable to due to bandwidth limitations.

MutatedPosts: 592 Amazing
edited January 23

@Heretic said:

An additional chance of Doop wave every wave after Wave 10. This is in addition to the scheduled Doop waves. Doop waves will appear on Waves 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, etc., rather than the old Waves 10, 20, 30, etc.

Doop was so last week , Its all about the Doom bot Waves!!!!!

AsgardianPosts: 1,235 Fantastic

>
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >

How come only partially boosted reward rates???

After wave 10,everything up to wave 15 almost 1 shots everyone,after wave 15+ its a 1 shot fest for every single enemy...

When we hear something about increase drops and better chances at uniques,we all rush to it like flies into a fly trap.

Wouldn't it benefit everyone,GAZ+PLAYERS if the rates where boosted??

Better loot = Everyone wanting to do it to get as much loot as possible

Too much loot = Running out of stash space immediately

Running out of stash space = NEEDING to buy stash space.

Buying stash space = More players supporting GAZ.

This is a WIN WIN for everyone.

You make new awesome heroes,and I buy them. I'm supporting gaz by playing heroes I always wanted to play with. WIN WIN..

Just think about it.

True BelieverLocation Los Angeles!Posts: 1,013 Fantastic

@Heretic said:

Any luck in getting the medkits to drop less in Xdef.. Especially doombot waves.. good god sometimes when you just killed a big wave in the same spot as doombot wave.. I tend to look around longer then normal

@heretic can we get the stash and vendor removed from x defense please?

@Heretic said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to make the rate for white/grey's and green to be on the very low in all area's. Also removing them from Lv60 area's would be great too :)