Welcome to the new, improved Marvel Heroes forums!

Read our opening post and our Quick-Start Guide to get started!

(Click the 'X' at the top right to close this message.)

Summon build viable?

Location Avengers Assembled !Posts: 192 Incredible

First time posting, been playing a lot of colossus since the rework, he's awesome. Is there anyway to build a viable wolverine / magic build? And also anyway to increase their duration/ cut down cool down time? Thanks.

Location Hells KitchenPosts: 784 Amazing

I think it would be a viable build. There are a few posts/threads about it in this subforum. You need to get the artifacts that extend summon duration and add to summon damage as well as the Sinister Medallion.

Someone posted Red T4 Doom kill times and they had the best time with a summoner build.

The only thing I wouldn't like about it is the constant recasting of the abilities and Fastball Special is hard to activate. I've had the best result with targeting an open area. If you have something targeted it doesn't seem to activate.

edited November 2013

@captam said: First time posting, been playing a lot of colossus since the rework, he's awesome. Is there anyway to build a viable wolverine / magic build? And also anyway to increase their duration/ cut down cool down time? Thanks.

This aint great... u can use a wondagore and an advanced wondagore to try and fix the duration... but its still bad. + it aint worth it cuz colassus himself deals some extreme damage and itll be a loss to not lvl up some of his moves. No matter what u do... ur not exactly gona be beating a Luke Cage in terms of summoner ability. Sorry mate :)

CovertLocation PennsylvaniaPosts: 68 Mighty

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/561234/#Comment_561234

I'll direct you to this thread, and in particular this comment by poultrygeist, he has set the record right now as the fastest Red T4 Doom kill for Colossus, at 1 minute 42 seconds, and according to that he does it with a hybrid build, using both the pets and fighting powers.

You can take your conclusions on his build from looking at the link in the first post and his comment, but I would think it would look something like this http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/colossus#v22K2qvv1v2K2q2v/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Theres still 5 points to play with, you can do with them what you will. But just because you spec this build doesnt really mean it will work for you, depening on your artifacts and gear it could totally change the way the build works.

I do believe someone worked out that you would need somewhere in the neighborhood of 120% or more summon duration to eclipse the cooldown on the summons and be able to have them out all the time, you might even need more for wolverine since he only lasts for 15 seconds and magik lasts for 20

Location Avengers Assembled !Posts: 192 Incredible

Awesome, thanks exactly what I was looking for!

Askani'sonPosts: 468 Amazing
edited November 2013

This is what i'm using atm for my summon build.

http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/view/3581-Smite_and_Friends#v22K2MvvvKvMC2K2q2K/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

I have gear that puts a lot of points into Osmium Punch and Champion, Slam and Roar which is why I only have 1 point in them, so you might play around with points here and there.

For them to be worthwhile you need some pretty high rolls on pet artifacts, i'm using an Advanced and normal Wundagore Clay, Advanced Latverian Regalia, and Sinister Medallion. With the stat rolls I have on those, Magik has a downtime of 5 seconds, and Wolverine is at 15 seconds. Add Sinister clones and cosmic demons and you get some high damage rolling out pretty much all the time, pretty silly with like 6 things out at once.

Not really much benefit to them without that stuff, guessing like any other summon class/spec. Personally haven't had any problems with no defenses from gear or skill points, it's a fun and viable build.

Location Seattle, WA (PST Zone)Posts: 455 Amazing
edited November 2013

Some interesting new summon data from the test center.

As some of you guys may or may not know, they are making Health and defense based on your hero. Wolverine duration is now up to 20 seconds. So currently both him and Magik can be summoned up to 40 seconds out of 45 seconds with perfect 100% duration gear (30%+30%+40%).

First two image on top is him with summon gears (damage and health is reflected with tool bar but not duration).

Bottom two image is completely naked and gives people an idea how stats scale.

That's good to see, was kind of weird that Fastball didn't last as long as Bloodline.

Also nice to see, the rank 27 stats are a little higher than my current rank 31 stats, hope that damage increase makes it to live as well.

@Poultrygeist said: Also nice to see, the rank 27 stats are a little higher than my current rank 31 stats, hope that damage increase makes it to live as well.

Sorry to deceive you. :P

That's with Latverian Regalia, (Adv) Latverian Regalia, and a Sinister Medallion on for around +65-70% damage bonus (I forgot what the sinister medallion I randomly got was). So I don't think they boost our base damage.

This change scales summons that could've died, but ours was invulnerable to begin with. So now leaving it as a 1-point wonder as a DPS boost has a risk of them dieing early (to balance PvP maybe?). But if you have high health/defense to begin with then they can probably last the full 20 seconds.

Over all summons are too varied in modifiers depending on each hero. Emma's minion has like 1000%-1400% damage bonus modifier to make them decent so having a +65-70% is like a drip of water in a bucket for them. While Loki's can be re-summoned so fast that duration and health doesn't really matter to him. The only ones that seem more balanced are heroes like Rocket Raccoon, Luke Cage, and Black Panther.

edited November 2013

Ah I didn't see your artifacts up there, using the same setup myself without a second Regalia. Still really nice that they extended Fastball though, by any chance have they fixed the issue Neomonk brought up where the targeting is off?

Kind of odd seeing that Colossus is usually throwing him at somebody, not next to them.

I didn't pay much attention to Fastball special's error but rather his duration timer on the bottom.

But I'd imagine it's sometimes still not activating properly as usual. They only altered duration rather then execution programing code. Have you tried aiming it behind the mob rather then at the mob? When Wolverine gets thrown, he damages everything in his path first.

Success! Both of them down to 5 seconds downtime, pretty nifty.

And the Fastball issue isn't a reoccurring thing, that's why it seems so odd. Sometimes he nails them, other times you have to put the mouse way out to the side like they're a wall, going behind them doesn't work.

Made a thread about it before in the bug section but it didn't get addressed, used to it now anyway, if it was fixed i'd probably keep doing it out of habit.

Phoenix PoweredLocation Death ValleyPosts: 1,159 Fantastic

About to start leveling Colossus and this thread has been very helpful since I am planning on going summoner route too. On top of all of this, gonna put my Trask Commander Helm unique on him for an additional Sentinel summon :-)

edited December 2013

@Undrtaker said: About to start leveling Colossus and this thread has been very helpful since I am planning on going summoner route too. On top of all of this, gonna put my Trask Commander Helm unique on him for an additional Sentinel summon :-)

Had no idea about that thing, it's pretty awesome. Going to drive me crazy knowing it's out there and the chances are so small to get it, grats on your drop.

I plan on going back to pets once they have the work done to them in the dps patch, hopefully I can get one by then...I doubt it though.

AceLocation forgiveness...Posts: 1,046 Fantastic

I was asking this in social, interesting to see it might be possible....Ive had colossus since launhc, he was a drop off a boss long time ago, and I have never lvled him, but I wanted a summon/pet class to play with and I was thinking of him..

Location Las VegasPosts: 73 Mighty

I have a level 50 Colossus summoner and he absolutely dominates everything.