Chase Costumes are back in store until Noon PDT Friday July 25!
Buy One Get One Hero Sale going on now! Ends Noon Pacific Time Thursday July 24!

Categories

Very simple guide for faster leveling and odin marks.

I highly recommend skipping the following:

Brotherhood

8 Supervillians

Chapter 2 quest of Food Trucks, 10 Blue Maggia (I think?) and 2 treasure rooms

Chapter 6 quest of 20 Predator Drones, 5 Blue Purifiers, 3 Jeeps

True BelieverLocation The Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good TooPosts: 3,243 Uncanny
edited November 2013

@HarryTasker said:
I highly recommend skipping the following:

Brotherhood

8 Supervillians

Chapter 2 quest of Food Trucks, 10 Blue Maggia (I think?) and 2 treasure rooms

I agree, even though i do supervillains occasionally because i want to do some MM for a chance.

@HarryTasker said:
Chapter 6 quest of 20 Predator Drones, 5 Blue Purifiers, 3 Jeeps

There is a very cunning trick to this which makes it bearable. Travel towards training camp. There are a few jeeps parked just outside the hidden cabin/training camp entrance (they are in training camp side), that count towards this quest. Normally only 1-2 jeeps spawn in the whole hidden cabin area. This speeds up the quest a lot.

@Nukemi said:
There is a very cunning trick to this which makes it bearable. Travel towards training camp. There are a few jeeps parked just outside the hidden cabin/training camp entrance (they are in training camp side), that count towards this quest. Normally only 1-2 jeeps spawn in the area. This speeds up the quest a lot.

My problem with supervillians is the time it takes for the reward. It's pretty inefficient by my standards.

True BelieverLocation The Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good TooPosts: 3,243 Uncanny

@HarryTasker said:
My problem with supervillians is the time it takes for the reward. It's pretty inefficient by my standards.

Yep, i agree. I used to reroll it if if the first villain spawn was not 4 villains. But now i just do it because i rather spend some time in MM than in story areas that cannot even drop L60 items. I no longer consider myself to be in hurry as i got my first legendary, so i am farming these with bit more relaxed efficiency.

It really grinds my gears that i need to go back to chapter 6-7 and even chapter 2 sometimes for L60 quests.

Phoenix PoweredLocation Death ValleyPosts: 1,191 Fantastic
edited November 2013

@HarryTasker said:

I log out of the game as soon as the supervillian wave is dead, and log back in after 3 min to a fresh wave. 2-3 log outs, 2-3 minutes of game time and quest done. Of course this is only if I have boosts counting down and don't want to lose the time. If I'm not boosted , no reason

@Nukemi said:
It really grinds my gears that i need to go back to chapter 6-7 and even chapter 2 sometimes for L60 quests.

I actualy like going back to Shocker or Doc Oct quests. they've very fast and easy

edited November 2013

@Undrtaker said:

I log out of the game as soon as the supervillian wave is dead, and log back in after 3 min to a fresh wave. 2-3 log outs, 2-3 minutes of game time and quest done

Can you elaborate, what is the point of logging out and back in? The bosses in MM do not spawn any faster that way.

@Undrtaker said:
I actualy like going back to Shocker or Doc Oct quests. they've very fast and easy

I like them too, but you dont get them at L60 anymore. You only get these two quests when you actually fit the level range when they are not problematic at all. it's only Chapter 5 and up at L60 along with that one quest that sends you to storage yard to kill that Q-36 robot. Shockker and Doc Ock are gray at L60.

At L60 the problem is that every content you are sent to do, drops loot that is below L60, which equals worthless for a well geared character.

@Nukemi said:
Can you elaborate, what is the point of logging out and back in? The bosses in MM do not spawn any faster that way.

edited my post - only relevant if using XP boosts I don't want to wasted while waiting for boss spawns

@Undrtaker said:
edited my post - only relevant if using XP boosts I don't want to wasted while waiting for boss spawns

Ah, right. Well, that makes sense :)

True BelieverLocation New YorkPosts: 404 Amazing

@Nukemi said:
There is a very cunning trick

When will you end your trickery, Loki???

@Jebos said:
When will you end your trickery, Loki???

True BelieverLocation New YorkPosts: 404 Amazing

@Nukemi said:
There is a very cunning trick to this which makes it bearable. Travel towards training camp. There are a few jeeps parked just outside the hidden cabin/training camp entrance (they are in training camp side), that count towards this quest. Normally only 1-2 jeeps spawn in the whole hidden cabin area. This speeds up the quest a lot.

I have modified this slightly: warp straight to Training Camp instead, and travel to the jeeps, so you can pull Predators. They spawn way more often on the Training Ground side. Just get them past the jeeps to the bridge area, and they count. One good AOE, and you can zap both.

@RobinofSpiritwood said:
I have modified this slightly: warp straight to Training Camp instead, and travel to the jeeps, so you can pull Predators. They spawn way more often on the Training Ground side. Just get them past the jeeps to the bridge area, and they count. One good AOE, and you can zap both.

Nice, this has never occured to me! I did know about the cars, but for some reason never bothered to try the Predator. Thanks!

cml
cml
True BelieverPosts: 445 Amazing

@RobinofSpiritwood said:

Every time I try this, other players kill my follower predators before I get to the bridge. this LQ is officially on my reroll list

True BelieverPosts: 25 Mighty

I love this. After doing the storyline for the 15th time, it gets old real quick. This will help me level my multiple heroes much faster and without being incredibly tedious. Thanks for this, Nukemi!

Perhaps a short guide on which legendary quests to avoid for those of us just starting out?

@Ghostduckie said:
I love this. After doing the storyline for the 15th time, it gets old real quick. This will help me level my multiple heroes much faster and without being incredibly tedious. Thanks for this, Nukemi!

Perhaps a short guide on which legendary quests to avoid for those of us just starting out?

Happy to hear it's helpful.

Check the front page again :) Feel free to suggest quests that are install reroll so i can add it.

AssembledLocation Planet HulkPosts: 1,849 Fantastic

@Nukemi said:
Hi,

I've got a few people asking after how i leveled my Loki from 1-60 in short time. (i was not even near being amongst the first).

I would guess it took me somewhere between 15-20 hours to get to 60.

Here's how i did it, it is very simple:

1-20 Midtown

20-52 Odin quests.

52-60 Mix in as many cow runs as you can along with Odin quests.

I only used some of the spare 50% potions i got from quests, and 1 or two exp bars i got from a dropped treasure card.

Without any buffs, i would imagine you could easily get to L60 in 20-25 hours max.

The trick for fast leveling and odin mark gain is to ignore everything that is not an objective to your quest.

For example:

If your objective stands to kill robots in Midtown, and a pack of bosses spawn, Ignore them.

Do not let ANYTHING distract you from getting your odin quest. Even though if the Odin quest sends you to Hydra Island for example, do not finish the instance, but instead Bodyslide immediately when you have completed the quest. If there's a lot of trash, just run past them. However, be sure to kill a bunch of trash every few minutes to keep them splinters coming. Run around, gather them in to a pile, and AOE them down. When this is done, only collect the essentials and continue towards your objective. I tend to leave everything else than relics/cores/blue + rings and insignias/cosmics and uniques on the ground.

Even though, the added in delay for the "As i'm here, might as well finish the bosses" does not feel much, it really adds up over time.

That is pretty much it. I never touched any terminals or did any story content. I only went where my odin quests told me to.

Also, reroll a quest IMMEDIATELY if you feel it is going to take a long time. A lot of people waste a lot of precious time in order to try to find an objective that is either buggy or spawns rarely. I've seen people wasting 30minutes trying to find that one last civilian shakedown in low town in numerous occasions. It is not worth it, do not be afraid of rerolling the quests even though you might have 2/3 of the objectives done. Time is of essence in this method. Eventually, you will learn which quests to reroll and which ones are the fastest.

If you skip all the extra nonsense and 100% focus on odin quests, you should gain odin marks and exp very quickly.

Additionally, if you happen to get one of those odin quests where you will have to find a rare objective (ie. Infested jungle and those brood sensor arrays), do a quick sweep at the area first. If you can not find the objective during that one full sweep. Reroll immediately in order to avoid wasting too much time in finding it. A lot of my friends have completed all the other objectives, and then spent 30minutes trying to find the last one. Always start from the hardest objective to see if it is worth your time. If you find it in few minutes, Go for it. If you don't, reroll immediately and don't look back.

Odin quests that you might want to skip:

Unfortunately i do not have the quest names saved and i have mostly experience on the L60 legendary quests. If you happen to bump on one of these quests which have not been named yet, i would appreciate if you would throw the name to my direction so i can list it here.

Kill robots and cyborg quest in Manhattan/x-def: killing 90 robots is too much compared to the other quests. Sometimes this might take a lot of time, and sometimes it is quick. Best to make your own judgement. If you find an yellow robot, do not kill him straight away. Let him live as long as he summons additional robots to ramp up the kills. If you get 2-3 robot spawns side by side, this quest can be really fast. Also, if you see someone else killing robots and not touching the commander robot, be nice and do not attack the commander robot. It can be really frustrating to do this quest in full MM when everytime you find a robot that summons more, someone comes and kills it in front of you.

Kill brotherhood quest in Manhattan: Brotherhood just does not spawn that much.

Kill supervillains quest in Manhattan: This quest can be a pain if you get a boss wave with only 2-3 bosses to start with. Reroll if you do not want to spend extra time in Manhattan.

Kill champion (blue) hand ninjas on the chapter 3 hidden cove: Blue ninjas are sometimes really hard to find.

Lowtown quest with civilian shakedowns: Civilians spawn too rarely.

Training camp quest with kill mortars/blob: Mortars are constantly camped and spawn very rarely. When they spawn, they are dead in few seconds. I have missed this way too many times because i have been few screens away and they are taken down immediately when they spawn.

Nuke 'em from orbit, Destroy brood sensor array and kill broods in S.H.I.E.L.D science station, Chapter 7: The Brood sensory array spawn there is too much competition for them at times, resulting in waiting and hunting for them which is no fun. This is not the issue all the time, but ends up being rerolled if there's too many people around looking for a same target. My recommendation is to do a really quick sweep to uncover the whole map before rerolling.

Hunting Season, Kill x-drone, jeeps at Hidden cabin, Chapter 6: Quest is really not fun to do ever since it was moved to the Hidden Cabin zone. There's generally only 1-2 vehicles in the zone, and the encounter frequency of predators can be very low at times.

Edit. there is a trick to this. The cars at training camp entrance count in to this (there's always 2-3), and you can also drag X-drones from training camp to the bridge to make the kills count. This makes the quest infinitely faster.

Kill bonebreaker/sauron/Sabertooth Chapter 7: This quest takes you to three different places where two of the bosses are located in a relatively long instance making it really time consuming.

Ending the Extortion kill Blue maggia/food trucks Chapter 2: The blue Maggia needed from The Crab Shack's do not spawn enough.

edit. I decided not to mention the trick to farm one odin quest per day on each L20 character, as it's talked widely around the forums.

Hope this helps!

I have never had issues with Brood Sensory arrays or Mortars. I did 5 prestiges this past bonus weekend, and only ever had issues with hunting season, robots, brotherhood, and bosses.

I like the guide, that's pretty much exactly how I level my heroes, except I don't do cows. The Odin marks are more valuable to me!

Broken quests should be instant rerolls. These include Rake the Yard & Raid on Doomstadt.

Mortars can be a pain indeed, if you do manage to destroy one, the objective is cleared. Why not leave the other one alone for other people? Or, group with anyone you can who is camping them, and get the credit when they hit it.

edited December 2013

@RobinofSpiritwood said:
Broken quests should be instant rerolls. These include Rake the Yard & Raid on Doomstadt.

Hey, can you elaborate how those are broken so i can add them? I am not exactly sure what quests they are by name :)

I myself have had zero problems with doomstadt quests so i would like to know if this is some new thing in recent patch or if i can help you by giving a tip :)