The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are open and X-Giving is now live!
Cosmic Mystery Boxes and Boost Bonanza Sale! Cosmic Mystery Boxes are back, and so are almost every one of our special boosts!
Magneto is arriving soon, Pre-Order his Hero Pack today!

Categories

Very simple guide for faster leveling and odin marks.

Location HarryTasker Gaming Ltd.Posts: 4,958 Cosmic

I highly recommend skipping the following:

Brotherhood
8 Supervillians
Chapter 2 quest of Food Trucks, 10 Blue Maggia (I think?) and 2 treasure rooms
Chapter 6 quest of 20 Predator Drones, 5 Blue Purifiers, 3 Jeeps

True BelieverLocation The Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good TooPosts: 3,260 Cosmic
edited November 2013

@HarryTasker said: I highly recommend skipping the following:

Brotherhood
8 Supervillians
Chapter 2 quest of Food Trucks, 10 Blue Maggia (I think?) and 2 treasure rooms

I agree, even though i do supervillains occasionally because i want to do some MM for a chance.

@HarryTasker said: Chapter 6 quest of 20 Predator Drones, 5 Blue Purifiers, 3 Jeeps

There is a very cunning trick to this which makes it bearable. Travel towards training camp. There are a few jeeps parked just outside the hidden cabin/training camp entrance (they are in training camp side), that count towards this quest. Normally only 1-2 jeeps spawn in the whole hidden cabin area. This speeds up the quest a lot.

Location HarryTasker Gaming Ltd.Posts: 4,958 Cosmic

@Nukemi said: There is a very cunning trick to this which makes it bearable. Travel towards training camp. There are a few jeeps parked just outside the hidden cabin/training camp entrance (they are in training camp side), that count towards this quest. Normally only 1-2 jeeps spawn in the area. This speeds up the quest a lot.

My problem with supervillians is the time it takes for the reward. It's pretty inefficient by my standards.

True BelieverLocation The Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good TooPosts: 3,260 Cosmic

@HarryTasker said: My problem with supervillians is the time it takes for the reward. It's pretty inefficient by my standards.

Yep, i agree. I used to reroll it if if the first villain spawn was not 4 villains. But now i just do it because i rather spend some time in MM than in story areas that cannot even drop L60 items. I no longer consider myself to be in hurry as i got my first legendary, so i am farming these with bit more relaxed efficiency.

It really grinds my gears that i need to go back to chapter 6-7 and even chapter 2 sometimes for L60 quests.

Phoenix PoweredLocation Death ValleyPosts: 1,320 Fantastic
edited November 2013

@HarryTasker said: My problem with supervillians is the time it takes for the reward. It's pretty inefficient by my standards.

I log out of the game as soon as the supervillian wave is dead, and log back in after 3 min to a fresh wave. 2-3 log outs, 2-3 minutes of game time and quest done. Of course this is only if I have boosts counting down and don't want to lose the time. If I'm not boosted , no reason

@Nukemi said: It really grinds my gears that i need to go back to chapter 6-7 and even chapter 2 sometimes for L60 quests.

I actualy like going back to Shocker or Doc Oct quests. they've very fast and easy

edited November 2013

@Undrtaker said:

I log out of the game as soon as the supervillian wave is dead, and log back in after 3 min to a fresh wave. 2-3 log outs, 2-3 minutes of game time and quest done

Can you elaborate, what is the point of logging out and back in? The bosses in MM do not spawn any faster that way.

@Undrtaker said: I actualy like going back to Shocker or Doc Oct quests. they've very fast and easy

I like them too, but you dont get them at L60 anymore. You only get these two quests when you actually fit the level range when they are not problematic at all. it's only Chapter 5 and up at L60 along with that one quest that sends you to storage yard to kill that Q-36 robot. Shockker and Doc Ock are gray at L60.

At L60 the problem is that every content you are sent to do, drops loot that is below L60, which equals worthless for a well geared character.

@Nukemi said: Can you elaborate, what is the point of logging out and back in? The bosses in MM do not spawn any faster that way.

edited my post - only relevant if using XP boosts I don't want to wasted while waiting for boss spawns

@Undrtaker said: edited my post - only relevant if using XP boosts I don't want to wasted while waiting for boss spawns

Ah, right. Well, that makes sense :)

True BelieverLocation New YorkPosts: 425 Amazing

@Nukemi said: There is a very cunning trick

When will you end your trickery, Loki???

@Jebos said: When will you end your trickery, Loki???

True BelieverLocation New YorkPosts: 425 Amazing

@Nukemi said: There is a very cunning trick to this which makes it bearable. Travel towards training camp. There are a few jeeps parked just outside the hidden cabin/training camp entrance (they are in training camp side), that count towards this quest. Normally only 1-2 jeeps spawn in the whole hidden cabin area. This speeds up the quest a lot.

I have modified this slightly: warp straight to Training Camp instead, and travel to the jeeps, so you can pull Predators. They spawn way more often on the Training Ground side. Just get them past the jeeps to the bridge area, and they count. One good AOE, and you can zap both.

@RobinofSpiritwood said: I have modified this slightly: warp straight to Training Camp instead, and travel to the jeeps, so you can pull Predators. They spawn way more often on the Training Ground side. Just get them past the jeeps to the bridge area, and they count. One good AOE, and you can zap both.

Nice, this has never occured to me! I did know about the cars, but for some reason never bothered to try the Predator. Thanks!

cml
cml
True BelieverPosts: 457 Amazing

@RobinofSpiritwood said: I have modified this slightly: warp straight to Training Camp instead, and travel to the jeeps, so you can pull Predators. They spawn way more often on the Training Ground side. Just get them past the jeeps to the bridge area, and they count. One good AOE, and you can zap both.

Every time I try this, other players kill my follower predators before I get to the bridge. this LQ is officially on my reroll list

True BelieverPosts: 25 Mighty

I love this. After doing the storyline for the 15th time, it gets old real quick. This will help me level my multiple heroes much faster and without being incredibly tedious. Thanks for this, Nukemi!

Perhaps a short guide on which legendary quests to avoid for those of us just starting out?

@Ghostduckie said: I love this. After doing the storyline for the 15th time, it gets old real quick. This will help me level my multiple heroes much faster and without being incredibly tedious. Thanks for this, Nukemi!

Perhaps a short guide on which legendary quests to avoid for those of us just starting out?

Happy to hear it's helpful.

Check the front page again :) Feel free to suggest quests that are install reroll so i can add it.

Broken quests should be instant rerolls. These include Rake the Yard & Raid on Doomstadt.

Mortars can be a pain indeed, if you do manage to destroy one, the objective is cleared. Why not leave the other one alone for other people? Or, group with anyone you can who is camping them, and get the credit when they hit it.

edited December 2013

@RobinofSpiritwood said: Broken quests should be instant rerolls. These include Rake the Yard & Raid on Doomstadt.

Hey, can you elaborate how those are broken so i can add them? I am not exactly sure what quests they are by name :)

I myself have had zero problems with doomstadt quests so i would like to know if this is some new thing in recent patch or if i can help you by giving a tip :)

Doomstadt fails to generate the Abandoned Shop, up to 2 days ago. Rake the Yard has an ongoing problem with the cargo event, which is intermittent. I do not have a computer up these days and can't comment on their present state.