The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are now open with our Trick or Treat Halloween event!
Juggernaut and Wave 4 Villain Preorder Packs are now available!

Categories

Hero Information Guide (Now: Nova, Cyclops L52R; Upcoming: Thor L52R, Juggernaut)

Location USAPosts: 667 Amazing
edited October 18

Oct 17 2014 Update:

Its been a while since I've updated this thread, since @Doomsaw started an awesome official tracker for New Heroes and Level 52 Reviews (See Here).

When I first started this thread back in 2013, it was to piece together scattered information from the developers into as coherent a projection of future hero releases as possible.

Since then, I feel like the developers at Gazillion have outdone themselves, improving on already impressive player correspondence.

I feel like, week to week, the player base now has a decent idea of upcoming hero releases/team ups and level 52 reviews.

That said, I think this thread still has merit as a history of sorts; tracking what was released in what major patch, etc.

Any feedback on additional topics or ways to improve this thread are always welcome!

Thanks again everyone for your support in making this thread, as well as Gazillion for making a kickass ARPG worthy of the Marvel name!

-BLA

Original Post

I have been playing Marvel Heroes since the beginning of August, but have been tracking the game since launch.

One of my pet peeves was my inability to track down accurate pricing information without logging into the game.

As such, I have decided to put together a comprehensive list of the heroes currently released and upcoming, complete with sources and references.

I will be slowly building up this guide to include pricing information, release dates, design reviews, and more.

Due to the large amount of information that will be in this guide, feel free to let me know if I have incorrectly sourced something, or have some information wrong.

Disclaimer: The information in this thread is based on feedback from developers when possible, with some of my own interpretation. That said, due to the far-reaching schedule (currently extends to 2015), all of this information not only has the potential to, but is likely to change.

Thanks!

New Hero Releases

Most recent release: Nova (Oct 17 2014)

Next up: Juggernaut (Mid Nov 2014)

Hero Design Reviews

The Marvel Heroes developers are currently in the process of reviewing and improving each hero on the roster with something called a Level 52 Review. Launch characters had power progression from level 1 to 30. In addition, many characters had bland, disinteresting, and borderline useless powers, that made them less viable play options. These Level 52 reviews are intended to provide each hero with a comprehensive design improvement, adding powers and animations, and extending the power progression from level 1 to level 52, providing a more balanced leveling experience. Feedback from the playerbase has been overwhelmingly positive; generally, heroes who have received this treatment are among the most enjoyable and effective.

Completed: 82% of current roster [32/39]

Note: Heroes released as part of or after Game Update 1.4 (10/15/13) will not require Design Reviews, as their power progression will be from 1-52.

Iron Man: Partially completed as part of Game Update 1.3 (Sept 27 2013) (Review completed on Aug 6 2014 in Game Update 2015 1.11)

Spider Man: Completed as part of Game Update 1.4 (Oct 15 2013)

Luke Cage: Completed as part of Game Update 1.4 (Oct 15 2013)

Squirrel Girl: Released as part of Game Update 1.4 (Oct 15 2013)

Colossus: Completed as part of Game Update 2.0 (Nov 8 2013)

Loki: Released as part of Game Update 2.0 (Nov 8 2013)

Gambit: Released as part of Game Update 2.02 (Nov 22 2013)

Ms. Marvel: Completed as part of Game Update 2.1 (Dec 19 2013)

Emma Frost: Completed as part of Game Update 2.1 (Dec 19 2013)

Ghost Rider: Released as part of Game Update 2.1 (Dec 19 2013)

Hawkeye: Completed as part of Game Update 2.14 (Jan 20 2014)

Captain America: Completed as part of Game Update 2.14 (Jan 20 2014)

Nightcrawler: Released as part of Game Update 2.15 (Jan 30 2014)

Human Torch: Completed as part of Game Update 2.3 (Feb 21 2014)

Daredevil: Completed as part of Game Update 2.3 (Feb 21 2014)

Moon Knight: Released as part of Game Update 2.31 (Feb 28 2014)

Black Panther: Completed as part of Game Update 2.35 (March 28 2014)

Doctor Strange: Released as part of Game Update 2.35 (March 28 2014)

Taskmaster: Released as part of Game Update 2.36 (April 3 2014)

Black Widow: Completed as part of Game Update 2.42 (April 25 2014)

Invisible Woman: Released as part of Game Update 2.43 (April 30 2014)

Wolverine: Completed as part of Game Update 2.47 (May 23 2014)

Psylocke: Released as part of Game Update 2.47 (May 23 2014)

Silver Surfer: Released as part of Game Update 2015 1.03 (June 20 2014)

Storm: Completed as part of Game Update 2015 1.04 (June 27 2014)

Mr. Fantastic: Released as part of Game Update 2015 1.06 (July 11 2014)

Rocket Raccoon: Completed as part of Game Update 2015 1.1 (July 31 2014)

Star-Lord: Released as part of Game Update 2015 1.1 (July 31 2014)

Iron Man: Completed as part of Game Update 2015 1.11 (Aug 6 2014)

Jean Grey: Completed as part of Game Update 2015 1.15 (Sept 12 2014)

Rogue: Released as part of Game Update 2015 1.15 (Sept 12 2014)

Cyclops: Completed as part of Game Update 2015 1.2 (Oct 17 2014)

Nova: Released as part of Game Update 2015 1.2 (Oct 17 2014)

Up next:

• Thor: (Early November 2014)
  • Juggernaut: (Mid November 2014)
  • Hulk: (Early December 2014)
  • Magneto: (December 2014)
  • Venom: (release date not confirmed - sometime after Magneto)
  • Punisher: (Closest to ready after Thor/Hulk, Ultimate underway, additional concepting in early stages)
  • Thing: (concept stage - working on a new mechanic to make Ben feel unique)
  • Scarlet Witch: (early design progressing)
  • Cable: (concepting underway)
  • Deadpool: (concepting underway)

As per Doomsaw (Oct 16 2014) in response to who's after Thor/Hulk: TBD, but Punisher is closest to ready since we got a head start on his epic Battle Van. [...]it's way too early to tell, in fairness. I'll definitely keep you informed as we get close.

Location Katowice, PLPosts: 116 Incredible
edited November 2013

Didn't they say that Gambit will be in 3rd week of November (18 - 23) ? I remember that I read post from Doomsaw somewhere, but I can't find it now.

edit: found: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/500024#Comment_500024 edit2: I see you also has this link but you gave dates of 4th week of November :)

@totothebest said: Didn't they say that Gambit will be in 3rd week of November (18 - 23) ? I remember that I read post from Doomsaw somewhere, but I can't find it now.

edit: found: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/500024#Comment_500024 edit2: I see you also has this link but you gave dates of 4th week of November :)

Good point.

I find it interesting that there is such a short turnaround on Gambit though.

The 22nd would put him being released a mere 2 weeks after Loki goes live. And that assumes Game Update 2.0 won't be pushed back from this Friday.

I will update Gambits tentative release to show as early as the 22nd and as late as December 6th.

I'm assuming Gambit might take as much as 4 weeks, since Emma Frost was the closest we've come to a new 600 ES hero, and she took 4 weeks.

I've added what info I could find on some semi-announced heroes (Beast/X-23/Mr. F/Sue Storm/etc.)

Please feel free to correct any errors or omissions you see, or provide links to additional Developer announcements.

Thanks for reading!

Fearless LeaderPosts: 550 Amazing

Many thanks for this - it's the most comprehensive approach I've seen to date (and it's hard to track with so many heroes in the pipeline!).

If you're willing to take a dev Twitter quote, Doomsaw confirmed for me on Twitter that Psylocke will make it "next year".

Don't know that we can even guess where this will fall out relative to the others - I'd imagine that most of the ones on the list in the post about Ghost Rider being before Nightcrawler will be 2014. I'm also guessing that there may be a conscious effort not to put X-Men in consecutive releases.

CovertLocation Everywhere... and nowherePosts: 1,041 Fantastic

Good info. Thanks for the effort!

@GreenArmadillo said: Many thanks for this - it's the most comprehensive approach I've seen to date (and it's hard to track with so many heroes in the pipeline!).

If you're willing to take a dev Twitter quote, Doomsaw confirmed for me on Twitter that Psylocke will make it "next year".

Don't know that we can even guess where this will fall out relative to the others - I'd imagine that most of the ones on the list in the post about Ghost Rider being before Nightcrawler will be 2014. I'm also guessing that there may be a conscious effort not to put X-Men in consecutive releases.

Great, I will add Psylocke to the list of Upcoming Heroes when I get home from work (I'd like to cite the Twitter question and answer; the image you posted doesn't actually make a reference to Psylocke).

I would imagine Psylocke would cost 400 ES. Her kit probably won't require any new/unique tech.

11/8 Update:

Loki has now been added as a released hero with the launch of Game Update 2.0

Gambit is now the next in line to be released; looking like sometime before December (3rd week of Nov according to @Doomsaw, but may change depending on testing, bugs, etc.)

Location Who needs PvP when we have forums?Posts: 4,956 Cosmic

Did the new starter hero system get into patch 2.0? OP might want to make a dummy account to check that out, might need to change up the info on starters.'

Also, the header mentions Re-Work tracking. I don't see that in the actual post, but I do think it would be good to have dates for IM, SM, and Colossus.

@TracerBullet said: Did the new starter hero system get into patch 2.0? OP might want to make a dummy account to check that out, might need to change up the info on starters.'

Also, the header mentions Re-Work tracking. I don't see that in the actual post, but I do think it would be good to have dates for IM, SM, and Colossus.

I'm planning on updating it to add both the new starters, and a history of character re-works.

The re-works will take some time, because I'd like to nail down dates and associated patches.

edited November 2013

Updated with new starting hero rotation, and structured the posts so that the starter heroes are listed first.

@TracerBullet said: Also, the header mentions Re-Work tracking. I don't see that in the actual post, but I do think it would be good to have dates for IM, SM, and Colossus.

I definitely plan on adding this at the very least starting with Iron Man's re-work and moving forward chronologically to the present.

A question I would pose the community, is whether or not re-works done prior to Iron-Man's would be valuable for tracking purposes?

I don't know too much about the re-works that occurred prior to Iron Man's, but if people think they would be valuable to track, I will try to track down which patches they occurred in.

I seem to remember Thor receiving a sizeable re-work prior to Iron-Man...

@TheBraveLittleAbacus said: I seem to remember Thor receiving a sizeable re-work prior to Iron-Man...

It was more of a hefty rebalancing of some of his abilities. It was the oldendays version of a rework, but it definitely doesn't measure up to the type of reworks we are seeing from IM onward. It was closer to what happened with RR in 2.0. I think IM was the start of the definitive reworks, even if it doesn't yet technically follow the 52 style reworks. I would be in favor of considering official reworks as being from IM forward.

Updated to include all re-works since Iron Man including the next scheduled hero: Hawkeye (from what I could find)

@TheBraveLittleAbacus said: Updated to include all re-works since Iron Man including the next scheduled hero: Hawkeye (from what I could find)

I believe Cap is next.