Last Chance! The Halloween Half-Off Costume Sale ends tomorrow Friday October 31st.
Juggernaut and Wave 4 Villain Preorder Packs are now available!

Categories

2»

Anyone have any tips on how to find Unique items??

Location Screaming PRESTIGE IS PURELY COSMETIC! on pages talking about special rewards for prestige.Posts: 316 Amazing

That's RNG. Might not get a unique in weeks or even months, then BAM! Two usable ones within 15 minutes. Anyone else had this happen at some point?

edited January 11

I find them... farming lots of MM, Doops (but not since batch though probably smashed 100 doops since nothing), just got one in T4 red Asgard. and 1 from X def.

My problem is i get a few heroes to 4 uniques can't get last one. I find mostly duplicate and wrong hero uniques. So even if you find one chances are it's worthless to you. Most of the good ones i found were on a different hero so it's good to have more than a couple heroes in my case.

Lots of farming and don't use boosts they don't help. Except that one we got for Christmas that one helped alot!!! But regular boosts seem like they mess up the chance everytime i use boosts nothing. I go no boosts lots of farming i find them... go figure.

Secret is lots of farming and mobs drop at least as many if not more than bosses.

edited January 12

RNG is a thing you cant fight by your own. Devs must do something about it, i have read several post with solutions on this but i believe nothing from those can be real. I was thinking one and its really simple, i don't know the coding and the data for each character that the devs must do to make it happen. If you have drop any unique don't be able to drop it again specially on Any Hero ones exeption on this if it is already equipped on any of your character on your roster you be able to drop it again. The drop rate its self for me at least coming to waves i can farm for 5-6 hours (game time) with 0 drop and in 30 mins drop 2-3 uniques MOSTLY already owned ones. Same thing goes for special buffs based on Sif, i can farm for 1 hour without any buff dropped and suddenly 1-2 buffs drop maybe a 3rd one in a short period (funny thing on this they are 3 minutes buff why they cant stuck? i mean you drop the speed buff and the xp buff and you must chose what you hold ... is that to much to hold any buff you can drop? they are 3 mins i don't believe the end of the world come if you can hold more than 2 buffs at the same time).

When 200% RiF buff was active on my chars i have drop 2 uniques from 1 boss again already owned (MODOK t4 red) 3 days ago on t4 red Kurse drop me 1 cosmic + comsic medallion + unique (again already owned) without any kind of buff except synergies and cores about 50% RiF.

I am in very bad situation, i just need 1 unique any hero and i drop all the same uniques over and over again, for me again Any Hero ones must be higher chance to drop them like 60% any hero 35% hero specify and 5% random hero ones.

From my experience so far there is no such a thing to farm for uniques you just farm and pray on RNG gods to drop something :P but again if you need something special then its like we are donkey's hunting carrot's. GL HF.

AssembledLocation Dallas/Ft.WorthPosts: 32 Mighty

I just received a LVL 51 IM unique and had to share. I logged in to claim the Fortune Card reward, went to the Shield Rooftop to activate the 24hr Asgard chest, and out shoots the IM Infused Armor Unique LVL 51. I've been on the game for 5 minutes total in 2 days.

I've picked up 5 uniques with my LVL 50 IM: 2 armors, 1 repulsor, and 2 Executioners

This is the 1st one ever out of a chest and I only have the 20% Special Item find Core fused to my HulkBuster Armor. No potion or bar buffs were used...

@AngryWarbirdWarbird said: In the great scheme of things, even a 300% Rarity buff does not mean that much more chance to find Unique. The best exemple is the X-Defense which grants high buffs in the late waves and still is FAR from garanteeing to find any Unique item.

The sad fact is that the rarity boost of x-def is totally countered by the fact that barely no items drop at all.

Location Two inches left of insanityPosts: 726 Amazing

Thanks @LordVerminSoP for the good comment!

@BoyDay said: This is why I always clear every level and actively hunt out trash between bosses in MM. The way I do it is perhaps not particularly efficient, because I go back to every single enemy showing on the radar, so can take 10-20 seconds to go back and find one enemy in a terminal then kill it. The best way to do terminals in my opinion is to take the same path to the boss that you would when rushing, but kill any enemies you encounter along the way, without worrying about the odd one that may run off.

That's exactly where I start worrying. Does the game first allow a chance for a unique drop in an area, and then randomly assign the kill with the drop, or is it totally random? If not, then a simple rush, with no backtracking, should be enough. Otherwise, it means having to find every enemy and object to find it. Not exactly fun when you want to farm.

That being said, I have found most of my uniques (about 10 or so) in Midtown Madness, and I'm not playing hardcore. I do tend to stay in the same areas, though, where mobs tend to congregate (the extreme lower left area, and the one in the upper right, with lots of tables and umbrellas).

And yes, potions and stuff don't seem to work, as I have never found anything worth my time when i was using one. Just grinding.

@SeikenDono said: That's exactly where I start worrying. Does the game first allow a chance for a unique drop in an area, and then randomly assign the kill with the drop, or is it totally random? If not, then a simple rush, with no backtracking, should be enough. Otherwise, it means having to find every enemy and object to find it.

Speaking from a game design standpoint, I can assure you that the game rolls for drops from a mob when the mob is killed. Any other method (rolling beforehand for all enemies in an area, for example) would require storing all of that information in memory and then holding onto it until the mob dies or you zone, which from a programming standpoint is a no-no (especially when you don't need it during that time!). So, from the sheer standpoint of practicality of design, I can promise you: when a mob is killed, the game rolls on the random drop tables, with the roll shifted by all appropriate modifiers, and spits out whatever it rolls at that point.

As a result of this, the most efficient method is to kill the maximum value of enemies (number times their drop rate modifiers) in the shortest amount of time. While I don't know the drop rate modifiers for mobs specifically, practically for me this means killing as I go, focusing on elites, and taking trash as targets of opportunity. I won't go back for trash mobs, but I will kill any that happen to be standing right next to me. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of drop rate mods on specific mobs could share their information? That is, if it's known at all...

I had a day over the holiday period where I received three uniques in four terminal runs (two in a row, one with nothing, and then another), none were for any toons I own and have only seen one unique since then QQ

But I have found that boosts seem to work with terminals more than mm or xd

Location Two inches left of insanityPosts: 726 Amazing

@Xaositech said: As a result of this, the most efficient method is to kill the maximum value of enemies (number times their drop rate modifiers) in the shortest amount of time. While I don't know the drop rate modifiers for mobs specifically, practically for me this means killing as I go, focusing on elites, and taking trash as targets of opportunity. I won't go back for trash mobs, but I will kill any that happen to be standing right next to me. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of drop rate mods on specific mobs could share their information? That is, if it's known at all...

Thanks for the comment! :)

2»