Team-Ups and Pets are on sale now! Almost every Team-Up and Pet is 25% off until noon PDT July 31.
Costume BOGO Extended! Buy a costume and receive a random costume box FREE.

Categories

Prestige !!!!

Location Northampton, EnglandPosts: 219 Amazing

Has anyone bothered to do prestige yet ?

Do you think its worth all that effort in grinding all that way to levl 60 again ?

There seems very little reward to me, accept for pet and name colour change.

I perhaps could level up quick by just doing MM, x-def and quests and skip story.

What do you guys think ?

I will do possibly when the have a lot more early level story content so can use my favorites through the new story again.

That might be a year or so away until then there are synergies and farming for items etc to get

Location MidgardPosts: 208 Amazing

Yeah, it's taken me so long to get near 60 I'm not sure I'd ever prestige unless there was some amazing reward like unique costume.

Location ValhallaPosts: 1,591 Fantastic

When Odin quests are fixed and there is more content i will.

Location ValhallaPosts: 1,591 Fantastic

@EvilPeter said: I started yesterday and made it almost to 58 today. I was working so it hasn't been all day runs but I have used some pots I've gotten from fortune cards. I've used Sinister dailies and MM.

Nice!

True BelieverLocation Calgary, ABPosts: 297 Amazing

Wow that's awesome. So I assume that you didn't do story mode to level @evilpeter

I will definitely prestige Thor at some point. Right now, he is still my best farmer, and I don't to ruin my terminal rotation. I'm still working on a couple synergies I want, too.

I figure I can prestige him now, because the defense system will make it a bit different. I can prestige him again later if they make some more changes. Actually, I would not mind stalling until some of the current bugs were fixed.

Location In OdinsleepPosts: 1,174 Fantastic
edited October 2013

I did it and it was fun.forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/33351/i-finally-did-it-level-60-prestige-level-1#latest

I may do it again on Thursday after the legendary quests buff.

Location MidgardPosts: 208 Amazing

I started yesterday and made it almost to 58 today. I was working so it hasn't been all day runs but I have used some pots I've gotten from fortune cards. I've used Sinister dailies and MM.

I'd love to know how you level so fast. I've played for two months for and hour or so a day and just hit 58. You impress me sir.

@Perceptor said: Wow that's awesome. So I assume that you didn't do story mode to level evilpeter

No, I felt that going for places with high mob density was the most effective way. I did a couple of legendary quests but while the final payoff is good they take too long to complete to compete with Sinister and MM. I did reroll a bunch of legendaries to get MM ones though. Especially the killing champions (or whatever it calls them) is extremely effective.

@Khlaive said: I'd love to know how you level so fast. I've played for two months for and hour or so a day and just hit 58. You impress me sir.

As I said above I kept playing in high mob density areas, where God Blast can kill a ton of enemies. In MM I often throw a GB, spend the cooldown picking up yellow orbs, fire again and repeat.

I also used a good amount of potions as I had some stored up from fortune cards. I had the 2 hour pots up all the time, and added some 1h now and then.

On a non-efficiency note it really helped listening to podcasts etc to keep my mind off that I was doing a fairly dull grind. The last two levels I took it very easy. No pots, no rushing. That was much more enjoyable from a gaming perspective.

ThundererPosts: 162 Incredible

I'm too worried to prestige knowing that the RNG gods love to spit in my eye. I'd probably at long last get a slew of unique drops while prestiging and be stuck with a level 13 Mjolnir and a level 17 Rune King.

Location In OdinsleepPosts: 1,174 Fantastic

@Fjolsvinnr said: I'm too worried to prestige knowing that the RNG gods love to spit in my eye. I'd probably at long last get a slew of unique drops while prestiging and be stuck with a level 13 Mjolnir and a level 17 Rune King.

I got three unique during my prestige. Two low level ones and one high level. There is nothing wrong with having a low level unique. At least it will make your next prestige easier. There are 5 prestige levels after all.

For a quicker leveling, you can use a moleman medal and a +1 int core. That's +10%/15% exp for you.

ThundererPosts: 162 Incredible

@Wave said: For a quicker leveling, you can use a moleman medal and a +1 int core. That's +10%/15% exp for you.

There isn't anything wrong with having a low level unique if you already have a max level one. But I'd be too wracked with frustration if something I desperately wanted finally dropped and it was low level, without any guarantees it will ever drop for me again. I'm one of those superstitious and OCD types.

True BelieverLocation Calgary, ABPosts: 297 Amazing

I've had 2 uniques drop, both for IM. Level 32 repulsors and Level 40 helm. Using the helm now :)

Location SexytownPosts: 1,016 Fantastic

@Fjolsvinnr said: There isn't anything wrong with having a low level unique if you already have a max level one. But I'd be too wracked with frustration if something I desperately wanted finally dropped and it was low level, without any guarantees it will ever drop for me again. I'm one of those superstitious and OCD types.

OCD? What's that?

Goes back to his Excel spreadsheet with detailed breakdowns of 20 different Taskmaster Medallions

Never, because i fear that I will get bored and not level my Thor to 60 and he will sit in the 30's or something. Plus I would just be impatient and buy exp buffs to go faster, so this saves me money, just camping out at 60 with my white name tag.

Location The Krusty KrabPosts: 2 New Agent

I would only prestige after a massive rework or something, just to get a feel for the new hero.

Or, go nuts on an xp weekend with 5 xp rush bars. You'll never know the feeling...

Phoenix PoweredLocation Death ValleyPosts: 1,191 Fantastic

@bigfoothunter said: I would only prestige after a massive rework or something, just to get a feel for the new hero.

This.

I'm waiting for BW's rework for my 1st prestiege

Location The other end of the worldPosts: 223 Amazing

Hmm. Why is Sinister runs good for xp though?