Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online with game update 1.17!

Thank you all

Location SF, CAPosts: 32 Staff
edited March 17

Almost 7 years ago, I joined Gazillion as the Creative Director for a new Marvel product. I still can’t believe that this dream came true. I have been a life-long Marvel fan and I really relished the opportunity to create a unique and fun Marvel game.

Over the course of the next year, my job really changed. I went from Creative Director to the head of all Gazillion studios (there were many locations back in those days). Slightly after that, I was promoted to President and COO of the company and I became more and more distant from the project that brought me to Gazillion. About six months before Marvel Heroes launched, I became CEO, which is the position I have held for about three years now.

As CEO, I spent most of my time running the company. I played the game a lot, talked about the game a lot and added lots of feedback and new ideas, but that is a very different job than being a Creative Director. After doing this for several years, I really want to get back to developing games and programming. I got into this industry to make games and I miss the day-to-day creation process.

That said, it was difficult, because I love Marvel Heroes. I love our community. I love the team I helped assemble. We have an incredibly talented staff here and I know that the game is in great hands. I believe in the future of the game and I know a lot of the amazing things that are being worked on. The game has some really cool features coming that I know I will enjoy. Yes, I will still be playing the game. Yes, I will still be streaming. I will still be sending the team feedback and information and suggestions. I may not work at Gazillion, but I love this game. I’m very proud of what we accomplished.

As for what’s next, I am going to go indie. I’m going back to doing the things I love most: programming and making games. We will have more information about that in the future.

Thank you team, community and family for a wonderful seven years together. I am so lucky to be a part of such an incredible experience.

Best,
David

Thanks for the fun times and the streaming.

All the best!

Thx a lot for your work on this game and good luck in the future

Location Doc Ock For PresidentPosts: 2,630 Cosmic

Thanks so much @Xarex for all you've done for us. I think I can speak for the whole community when I say you will be missed and I wish you the best of luck in the future \m/

CovertLocation The KylnPosts: 1,059 Fantastic

Good luck, I hope you land somewhere where the creative side can come to light again.. must have been a hard choice to make!

Will miss those MH streams, quality stuff :) The community interaction out of Gazillion since Marvel Heroes launched has been second to none imo.

Location Danger RoomPosts: 2,165 Fantastic

Thanks and all best wishes for You @Xarex