The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are open and X-Giving is now live!
Why Wait? Take advantage of our Early Black Friday Weekend Sale! Each day will bring a different sale, so keep checking back!
Cosmic Mystery Boxes and Boost Bonanza Sale! Cosmic Mystery Boxes are back, and so are almost every one of our special boosts!
Magneto is arriving soon, Pre-Order his Hero Pack today!

Categories

Test Center Forums

GazillionLocation AsgardPosts: 4,662 Staff
edited September 2013

Hi all,

We have removed the Test Center forums temporarily as the Test Center won't be active for a few days. We'll bring them back with the Test Center (and 1.2) on Sunday or Monday!

Super-SoldierPosts: 686 Amazing

@MrSnikt said: Put you test center icon into a folder on your desktop.

What I'm getting at, is that if you have two screenshots, one Live and one Test Center, is there any way to determine, at a glance, which is which?

Would like a version number hidden in a corner or something work?

Anti-HeroLocation Not standing behind you right nowPosts: 7,241 Cosmic

Doesn't the test center version have the bug report button to the left of the mini-map?

Super-SoldierPosts: 686 Amazing

@DrNo said: Doesn't the test center version have the bug report button to the left of the mini-map?

Can't remember.

It was really handy during the beta, though!

@yomamarama said: Silly question:

Are there any in-game indicators that reassure you that you are in the Test Center? Like some version number in the corner or something?

I'm always terrified of misclicking the wrong desktop app, and since the launchers are now identical, I have to double and triple check that I'm actually in the Test Center and not Live before I do anything risky.

On a side note, it is impossible to delete/sell/donate the Ultimate Pack costumes. Thanks Test Center!

Or just rename your desktop icon to MH Test Center, so there's no confusion at the get-go. :)

True BelieverLocation Running victory laps.Posts: 314 Amazing

Are there any in-game indicators that reassure you that you are in the Test Center? Like some version number in the corner or something?

I'm always terrified of misclicking the wrong desktop app, and since the launchers are now identical, I have to double and triple check that I'm actually in the Test Center and not Live before I do anything risky.

On a side note, it is impossible to delete/sell/donate the Ultimate Pack costumes. Thanks Test Center!

I know what you mean. I thought something had gone wrong last week when I logged in to play my 30 something HT only to find I didn't even own him and I was on Colossus. :-O

Still puzzles me how I clicked the wrong icon, they're nowhere near each other just in case!

Location at my pc playing Marvel heroes most likely !!!!!Posts: 53 Mighty

i just opened mine and it ran the patch yesterday but, i guess i still have the old because mine on desktop is still clearly named Marvel heroes (Test Center)

Location at my pc playing Marvel heroes most likely !!!!!Posts: 53 Mighty

i may be out of line here but, my real concern is that sun or mon is a little close to the date patch is said to be release don't you think? i mean sun at earliest is the 25th on what is claimed to be a "HUGE" patch that you want tested and applied on 29th? really?

edited August 2013

ya last public test you did was on the 21st of the month and you wanted to release the patch to live server on the 29th ..lol

so why just given us from 25th to 29th ?

and now your saying the 26th monday ?

come on now if your going to do a public test server it has to be way before the 25th so gives us all enough time to play and live our lives as well besides testing your new patch on the public test server !

the 21st would been good for that many day to test and we all can still do our normal lives and things we need to do be sides playing on the test server ...

your already make loads of gamers here up set and you keep changing the date now.

either keep it to one date and time or not at all !!

or your gonna end up driving these loyal gamers away !!

and that also means the money in your pockets bye bye !!!

Weapon-XLocation DubaiPosts: 330 Amazing

can't wait !!! gimme those 1g retcons :D

edited August 2013

a loyal gamer and contributor does game testing for the company and reports about bugs and errors in the game and so on,.

plus they make suggestions to help make the game and the characters in the game better.

they also spend their hard earned money they make or mommy and daddy's money to support your game and server hosting !!!

you pumpkin pie off a loyal gamer they won't want to do any more testing or report honestly about game errors and bugs.

and they won't spend their hard earned money on your ingame items !! ( which in return means you lose out on money !! )

when a game company loses money cause the gamers are no longer buying things or supporting the game cause of the company not being honest or loyal to them !

they go else where and play a different game and maybe even one loads better and spend their hard earned money there instead !!!

what you dev's want from us a happy loyal gamer that stays and spends money on your game ? or a gamer or just loafs off and not spends a dime on your game and only plays your game when their bored of the new better game they left you for ?

if you make the gamers unhappy they leave and not spend money on your game server and that leads to your company later on closing up !!

I seen it on a few game companies that did this to their gamers and they went belly up and lost every thing and closed up !!!

CovertLocation MadridpoorPosts: 1,759 Fantastic

@Strychnyne said: i may be out of line here but, my real concern is that sun or mon is a little close to the date patch is said to be release don't you think? i mean sun at earliest is the 25th on what is claimed to be a "HUGE" patch that you want tested and applied on 29th? really?

My guess is that they are confident that their internal testing is enough to ensure the patch quality. In my opinion would be better to have it ready this weekend, is when the people have more free time to play.

I don't know how other guys test but I do it for one hour or one hour and a half and then go back to live to keep progressing, don't think I'll have enough time to test much from 26 to 29, especially knowing that the defense fix affects every hero and skill and there is so much stuff to test and find bugs and missfunctions.

Boi
Boi
Location PhilippinesPosts: 211 Amazing

is there any new costumes in the 1.2 patch?

True BelieverLocation This galaxy looks like it could use some gardeningPosts: 2,792 Fantastic

If you right-click on the shortcut for either and go to properties, you can change the icon to a different image. Safest bet could be to do that so that you can easily tell them apart. The launcher does say in the list of links on the right hand side if you're in the TC though.

AssembledPosts: 528 Amazing

@Strychnyne said: i may be out of line here but, my real concern is that sun or mon is a little close to the date patch is said to be release don't you think? i mean sun at earliest is the 25th on what is claimed to be a "HUGE" patch that you want tested and applied on 29th? really?

100% agree.

@JekeTeMata said: My guess is that they are confident that their internal testing is enough to ensure the patch quality.

I think your guess may be right, but there is one big problem: their internal testing was not enough in the past. The last 3 (or 4?) patches that did more than just adding some costumes or removing stuff from Adam Warlock resulted in a disaster.

@Doomsaw promissed to do better in the future and give TC-testers more time to test, but now they are already back to 3 or 4 days of testing, without a weekend in the testing time.

They also said that they would push back the live patch date if deemed necessary in order to give us a less-buggy patch.

GuardianPosts: 2,922 Fantastic

just rename the tc to something like tc... problem solved.. it should just be a shortcut on your desktop so it shouldnt matter what you name it...