Galactic Blowout! Hero & Costume BOGOs, Chase Costumes, 25K G bundle, & Fortune Card Sale are back until noon PDT August 4.
The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are now open with Game Update 1.1!

Categories

Test Center Forums

GazillionLocation AsgardPosts: 3,902 Staff
edited September 2013

Hi all,

We have removed the Test Center forums temporarily as the Test Center won't be active for a few days. We'll bring them back with the Test Center (and 1.2) on Sunday or Monday!

Super-SoldierPosts: 686 Amazing

@MrSnikt said: Put you test center icon into a folder on your desktop.

What I'm getting at, is that if you have two screenshots, one Live and one Test Center, is there any way to determine, at a glance, which is which?

Would like a version number hidden in a corner or something work?

Anti-HeroLocation Not standing behind you right nowPosts: 4,684 Cosmic

Doesn't the test center version have the bug report button to the left of the mini-map?

Super-SoldierPosts: 686 Amazing

@DrNo said: Doesn't the test center version have the bug report button to the left of the mini-map?

Can't remember.

It was really handy during the beta, though!

@yomamarama said: Silly question:

Are there any in-game indicators that reassure you that you are in the Test Center? Like some version number in the corner or something?

I'm always terrified of misclicking the wrong desktop app, and since the launchers are now identical, I have to double and triple check that I'm actually in the Test Center and not Live before I do anything risky.

On a side note, it is impossible to delete/sell/donate the Ultimate Pack costumes. Thanks Test Center!

Or just rename your desktop icon to MH Test Center, so there's no confusion at the get-go. :)

True BelieverLocation Running victory laps.Posts: 292 Amazing

Are there any in-game indicators that reassure you that you are in the Test Center? Like some version number in the corner or something?

I'm always terrified of misclicking the wrong desktop app, and since the launchers are now identical, I have to double and triple check that I'm actually in the Test Center and not Live before I do anything risky.

On a side note, it is impossible to delete/sell/donate the Ultimate Pack costumes. Thanks Test Center!

I know what you mean. I thought something had gone wrong last week when I logged in to play my 30 something HT only to find I didn't even own him and I was on Colossus. :-O

Still puzzles me how I clicked the wrong icon, they're nowhere near each other just in case!

Location at my pc playing Marvel heroes most likely !!!!!Posts: 53 Mighty

i just opened mine and it ran the patch yesterday but, i guess i still have the old because mine on desktop is still clearly named Marvel heroes (Test Center)

Location at my pc playing Marvel heroes most likely !!!!!Posts: 53 Mighty

i may be out of line here but, my real concern is that sun or mon is a little close to the date patch is said to be release don't you think? i mean sun at earliest is the 25th on what is claimed to be a "HUGE" patch that you want tested and applied on 29th? really?

Weapon-XLocation DubaiPosts: 330 Amazing

can't wait !!! gimme those 1g retcons :D

CovertLocation MadridpoorPosts: 1,341 Fantastic

@Strychnyne said: i may be out of line here but, my real concern is that sun or mon is a little close to the date patch is said to be release don't you think? i mean sun at earliest is the 25th on what is claimed to be a "HUGE" patch that you want tested and applied on 29th? really?

My guess is that they are confident that their internal testing is enough to ensure the patch quality. In my opinion would be better to have it ready this weekend, is when the people have more free time to play.

I don't know how other guys test but I do it for one hour or one hour and a half and then go back to live to keep progressing, don't think I'll have enough time to test much from 26 to 29, especially knowing that the defense fix affects every hero and skill and there is so much stuff to test and find bugs and missfunctions.

Boi
Boi
Location PhilippinesPosts: 211 Amazing

is there any new costumes in the 1.2 patch?

True BelieverLocation EnglandPosts: 2,360 Fantastic

If you right-click on the shortcut for either and go to properties, you can change the icon to a different image. Safest bet could be to do that so that you can easily tell them apart. The launcher does say in the list of links on the right hand side if you're in the TC though.

AssembledPosts: 343 Amazing

@Strychnyne said: i may be out of line here but, my real concern is that sun or mon is a little close to the date patch is said to be release don't you think? i mean sun at earliest is the 25th on what is claimed to be a "HUGE" patch that you want tested and applied on 29th? really?

100% agree.

@JekeTeMata said: My guess is that they are confident that their internal testing is enough to ensure the patch quality.

I think your guess may be right, but there is one big problem: their internal testing was not enough in the past. The last 3 (or 4?) patches that did more than just adding some costumes or removing stuff from Adam Warlock resulted in a disaster.

@Doomsaw promissed to do better in the future and give TC-testers more time to test, but now they are already back to 3 or 4 days of testing, without a weekend in the testing time.

They also said that they would push back the live patch date if deemed necessary in order to give us a less-buggy patch.

GuardianLocation St LouisPosts: 2,528 Fantastic

just rename the tc to something like tc... problem solved.. it should just be a shortcut on your desktop so it shouldnt matter what you name it...