The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are now open with our Trick or Treat Halloween event!
Juggernaut and Wave 4 Villain Preorder Packs are now available!

Categories

Storm Power Multiplier/Coefficients (2.0 TC)

edited November 2013

Reference 2.0 TC:

SKYBREAKER

1. Lightning Bolt {Ranged, Area, Basic}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.50 damage / 1 damage rating
  2. Stunning Bolt {Ranged, Area, Basic}

• DD Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.475 damage / 1 damage rating
    • DoT Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.25 damage / 1 damage rating
    • DoT stacks up to 2 times
    • DoT does NOT benefit from bonuses to Area Power
  3. Lightning Column {Ranged, Basic}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +1.00 damage / 1 damage rating
    • DoT Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.05 damage / 1 damage rating
    • DD does NOT benefit from bonuses to Area Power
  4. Chain Lightning {Ranged}

• Damage dealt to the same target decreases each time it is hit again: -12.5% damage / hit
    • Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.35 damage / 1 damage rating
  5. Thundering Bolt {Ranged, Area}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.40 damage / 1 damage rating
  6. Ball Lightning {Ranged, Area}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.20 damage / 1 damage rating
  7. Lightning Rush {Melee, Movement, Fighting}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +1.192 damage / 1 damage rating
    • Receives +Area Radius bonus but not +Critical Chance to Area powers

WINDRIDER

1. Buffeting Zephyr {Ranged, Wind}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.35 damage / 1 damage rating
    • Receives +Area Radius bonus but not +Critical Chance to Area powers
  2. Sudden Tornado {Ranged, Wind}

3. Sirocco Rush {Melee, Movement, Fighting, Wind}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.33 damage / 1 damage rating
  4. Windy Flight {Movement}

5. Refreshing Breeze {Ranged, Area, Breeze}

• Breeze does not persist (as do Tempests) when entering a new zone
      • Working as intended, a shout power
  6. Quickening Breeze {Area, Breeze}

• Breeze does not persist (as do Tempests) when entering a new zone
      • Working as intended, a shout power
  7. Turbulent Winds {Passive}

STORMCRAFTER

1. Gusting Tempest {Ranged, Area, Tempest, Wind}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.10 damage / 1 damage rating
    • Does NOT benefit from +Critical Chance or +Critical Chance to Area powers
    • It is possible to "snap shot" certain bonuses
  2. Freezing Tempest {Ranged, Area, Tempest}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.05 damage / 1 damage rating
    • It is possible to "snap shot" certain bonuses
  3. Elusive Blast {Ranged, Movement}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.20 damage/ 1 damage rating
  4. Lightning Storm {Ranged, Area}

• DD Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.70 damage / 1 damage rating
    • DoT Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.20 damage / 1 damage rating
  5. Thundering Maelstrom {Ranged, Area}

• Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.25 damage / 1 damage rating
  6. Spirited {Passive}

• +% Maximum Spirit Increases only applies to base Spirit
  7. Crashing Hail {Ranged, Area}

• Vulnerability applies a flat damage bonus instead of damage rating.

ULTIMATE

1. Goddess of Weather {Ranged, Area}
    • Energy Damage Rating Coefficient: +1.00 damage / 1 damage rating
    • Physical Damage Rating Coefficient: +0.50 damage / 1 damage rating

Damage Rating Coefficient Methodology:

1. Used a Retcon device to clear all points. Unequipped all gear except for a Terrigen Crystal artifact providing its on-use effect.
  2. Took the current average damage, (min+max)/2, before and after the Terrigen Crystal artifact buff. The difference did not scale with ranks.
  3. Divided average damage increase by Terrigen Crystal Damage Rating.

Lifesteal Methodology:

1. Unequipped all gear except for a Magneto Medal to reduce health.
  2. Cast Basic Power Lightning Bolt to reduce health.
  3. Removed Magneto Medal and equipped Costume with Lifesteal core.
  4. Cast specific power and check for health increase. DEPRECATED: Lifesteals works with all powers.

Area Radius Methodology:

1. Unequipped all gear.
  2. Slot specific power to the action bar.
  3. If reticle is available for the power:
    • Click specific power onto an area and reference the reticle.
    • Equip a Doctor Octopus Medal.
    • Click specific power onto an area and compare the reticle.
  4. If reticle is NOT available for the power:
    • Equip the Doctor Octopus Medal.
    • Move PH to maximum range of specific power.
    • Unequip the Doctor Octopus Medal.
    • Compare if target is still affected by power.
Location Somewhere in GermanyPosts: 324 Amazing

Thanks heaps for the work done.

This was just a first pass looking for the power coefficients but there seems to be an issue.

I have an Edge of Infinity with +49 Damage Rating. On a power like Freezing Tempest, it increases the damage on rank 1 from 42/sec to 47/sec, a 5 damage increase. That's 10% of rating.

The Terrigen Crystal I was using buffs 35% of rating. That's 3.5x more. I'm guessing the tooltip for my Terrigan Crystal (+120 Damage Rating) is wrong. If it were 400 Damage Rating, the numbers would match up.

When I get home tonight, I'll check the character sheet and confirm if the tooltip is wrong. If so, I'll deflate the numbers.

CovertPosts: 160 Incredible

Great info - didn't have a clue about many of those numbers (co-effecients)

@xiphos, glad to do it. I'm seeing more and more comments on how Storm's damage was nerfed but I've been keeping track of her for the past several patches and her damage has steadily gone up.

I edited the post with the new deflator. It was normalized with the tooltip 120 damage rating value instead of the actual 400 damage rating.

Wow, thanks for this. I've been wondering about the damage coefficients for some time now. With these, I have a much clearer understanding of how I should gear for my particular Storm build. I pretty much use a stormcrafter rotation of CH, LS, TM while using Freezing/Quickening.

From this I can gather Crashing Hail does receive the benefit of area Crit while Freezing Tempest and TM do not? With LS Dot not affected by +% duration, I'd be better off not using Doom Metal so I can refresh LS more often instead of waiting for the extended TM to end for faster damage output?

I suspect that if they get around to fixing the area crit not affecting TM and Freezing Tempest, It'd be the little bit of oomph to my damage I've been looking for. I was disappointed when I learned that Doc Oc and Power Prism Shard didn't affect the crit of two of my area powers that I've been putting full points into. I think they'd be a decent combo giving up to 20% crit on all the powers I use.

One last question, does the debuff from turbulent winds stack with the penetration from CH? I've been debating on whether putting one point in it and adding Buffeting Zepher into my rotation somehere would actually be a damage increase.

Sry for the all questions, it just seems like you have a real understanding of the numbers and how the abilities work, lol.

edited August 2013

From this I can gather Crashing Hail does receive the benefit of area Crit while Freezing Tempest and TM do not?

From my tests, exactly so.

With LS Dot not affected by +% duration, I'd be better off not using Doom Metal so I can refresh LS more often instead of waiting for the extended TM to end for faster damage output?

From my tests, exactly so. +Power Duration helped with LS/CH/TM but that was before the Spirited passive was buffed. Now you get enough regen to spam them and can use any medallion you want.

I suspect that if they get around to fixing the area crit not affecting TM and Freezing Tempest, It'd be the little bit of oomph to my damage I've been looking for. I was disappointed when I learned that Doc Oc and Power Prism Shard didn't affect the crit of two of my area powers that I've been putting full points into. I think they'd be a decent combo giving up to 20% crit on all the powers I use.

Freezing Tempest, and several of Storm's powers, are not tagged Area Powers so I'm not sure if this is intended. TM is tagged Area Power so it should get the crit chance. As for the other powers, I'd say enjoy it while you can because it could be gone tomorrow.

One last question, does the debuff from turbulent winds stack with the penetration from CH? I've been debating on whether putting one point in it and adding Buffeting Zepher into my rotation somehere would actually be a damage increase.

They do stack. However, bosses seem to have high resists and you may have to cast Buffeting Zehpyr multiple times to get the debuff on the boss. Same goes for Crashing Hail. It's hard to do a rotation when resists are possible (no +hit chance stat) but that could soon change.

As is, Stormcrafter is one of her most efficient builds with low gear requirements. When you approach the end game, Skybreaker starts to look better and better with awesome drops.

Gearing is what I'm looking to write up next. Ask anything, I'll try to help as much as I can.

Gaz should now publish what they think their damage multipliers are :)) We could then confirm them.

In any case I hope that gaz stops to secretly nerf/buff them. It is so incredibly hard to keep track.

The defense rework is also a damage pass for enemies and heroes.

It's nice for newer players that a lot of the numbers are worked out for them but for those looking to gear specifically, we have to put in much more effort. I'm okay doing that.

Seeing as how gear stats will be across the board 4 times as good, these coefficients will start to matter more.

If you do more testing, I would like to know amount of plus damage on crit each spell gets.

Thanks a lot for this!

@Fugz, I think someone posted that +critical damage is a flat bonus of 5/8 the value after the 1.5x base.

I'll double check.

I was told that it was based on the attacks speed for amount of the + crit damage. So slow attacks get all of it and slow attacks get only partial but it seems to not work the way I thought.

@Fugz, looks to be so. There seems to be another coefficient for crits and it's harder to determine for many powers because everything is on a damage range. I'll update the ones i can confirm.

Location somewhere over the rainbow....Posts: 256 Amazing

Im quite sure i got 1 more sec in Lightning Storms dot with Dr.dooms medal with 56% power durration

@Weyfang said: Im quite sure i got 1 more sec in Lightning Storms dot with Dr.dooms medal with 56% power durration

I'll double check then. Power duration should add a tick or increase the damage on the last tick. Will get to it tonight. Thanks.

@Weyfang,

Might be a tooltip issue with Lighting Storm. Didn't do enough checks but something is going on.

Location somewhere over the rainbow....Posts: 256 Amazing

@meotsuburu

in my tests the tooltip didnt change at all, however when i counted the number of the ticks with and witout the medalion i saw the difference

edited August 2013

We should make this sticky. Really.

They are changing the way crit damage and damage rating effect area powers in the next patch. I really hope we get some time on the test center to figure out some new numbers without using retcons.

I will try to help. Keep up the work, I love the numbers approach to spec and gearing.

Numbers are subject to change and I know Gaz said they are looking to work these numbers into the tooltip. I'll be updating this if anything changes in 1.2.